2 in 2 days

I think that’s a record for me on this blog. I do have ambitions to eventually blog on it weekly if not every couple of days…someday when I start doing my own dying and making my own patterns. Someday when I’ll likely move to a different blogging service like wordpress and have my own domain name. So not today and likely not in the next year. But SOMEDAY.

Pattern: Sausage Dogs
Needles: US size 5
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight

Another finished object under my belt. Despite making this roughly four times the size the pattern calls for, it was still a two day knit including felting and sewing it together. Unlike the bunny, this one has been much better received and is getting plenty of love. I didn’t do too badly trying to upsize it, could have made the legs a bit wider and longer; I think I did well on the ears and tail though. It’s tricky to upsize a pattern like this because not all pieces could be done to the same proportion as the body or else they’d be the wrong size for each other. Strange, but that’s how it worked. I have enough of the medium brown yarn left that I plan to pair it with some pink I have and eventually make a similar puppy for our little girl.

Being that I can not stand to be idle, I already have another project on needles. This time, it’s my February Lady sweater which I’m using my stashed malabrigo for. Very yummy to work with and it’s a lovely color to boot. Already had to frog it once, but that’s alright: it happens. I usually knit a bit on the big side, this time, I’m knitting small and so much so that it would make a big difference on the finished size. So I’ve cast on a size larger needles and going to get a little further and check my gauge again before getting too far. Every project, I tend to learn a new little trick or something finally clicks. With this project, successfully doing M1 increases has finally clicked. I shall never avoid them again. (Now in my defense, most instructions I’ve seen for doing them in the past say to knit into the bar between stitches. They never were clear enough to say, pick up the bar from the back or front with the left needle and then knit into it or the back, respectively. Suddenly, there are no more holes. Go figure.)

2 thoughts on “2 in 2 days

  1. Jen,No, Wicked was very simple to do. It was just remembering to do the mini-cables down the front at first that was a bit tricky but after getting that taken care of, it was easy going and a very fast knit. With Malabrigo, you could easily knit it in the round and then steek if you’re feeling brave. =)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s