Pattern: Baby Bobbi Bear
Needles: Size 7 Clover DPNs
Yarn: I Love This Cotton
That went a bit more quickly then expected and my son seems to be happy with his “peanut bear.”
I find it rather funny that it took me so long to make the knitting pattern that put the want of knit into me in the first place, but I’ve finally done it. I’m rather glad I didn’t do it as a beginner, because I think it would have been a rough early project. I’m happy with the shape of the bear, but I think that the order of the directions stinks and I plan to tinker with it in the future to make the assembly easier. (It’s knit all in one piece minus the arms which you pick up after stuffing…and it’s a pain to knit them at that point.) As can be seen, I altered it from the get-go to be a panda rather then a plain colored bear. I bought some plain black felt for the eye area and used safety eyes rather then embroidering them on.
I’m particularly pleased with how the nose came out; it’s very neat and nice looking for me!
I have found that I’m becoming spoiled by my Knitpicks Harmony needles: the Clover DPNs felt too blunt and clumbsy to me. I should look into getting a set of the Harmony DPNs in the larger sizes.