After 3 years of knitting, I found out that I SSK incorrectly: who knew? When by itself without a decrease on the purl side, my SSK always looked as it should and pulls the stitches the correct way, but put a decrease on the wrong side of the fabric and SURPRISE! (The bottom two lace repeats have the incorrect stitch in them, but it’s corrected after that. Susan asked on my last post if I thought it would block out, and I can safely answer, “no.” But even if messy, the decreases pull the correct direction and it doesn’t affect the overall look too much, so it really doesn’t bother me. I tend to like keeping some imperfections in my knits as a visual reminder of what I learned on the project.)
On occasion, I do fully finish things and take pictures. Honest.
The socks came off needles right before bed last night, so next up is…
It seems I have an FO, fresh off the needles.
- Stretch out the lace panel when measuring armhole depth.
- Make the lace section about 2 sizes down from the size I need to get it to look like the pattern and not stretch so wide.
- Creatively increase to get the proper full bust measurement and still look intentional.
Otherwise, this was a very straightforward knit. And did I mention it’s cute?
I suppose I could start off October with posting some FOs, eh? I’m sure some picture posts would be more appreciated then more number ones. (Hey, I realize those numbers aren’t as interesting to anyone else as they are to me!)
The only other major mod would be the yarn choice: instead of a single-ply lace weight, I used a plied fingering weight yarn. I prefer the fabric that way. And the lack of pills.
I’m absolutely smitten with the color of this sweater. The Aged Oak Barrel is a gorgeous, complex taupe-y gray with some flashes of a warm wood color.
This is a recent project. I cast it on 13 September and finished it on the first of this month. I worked on it very little (1 or 2 days a week) and it still finished up quickly. Some of that may have to do with the fact that it’s a car blanket for my 2 year old and 4 year old. It’s larger then a baby blanket, but not so much so that it could be mistaken for an adult one.
The rest of it may be that this was my project to work on when I didn’t feel like knitting my tank top–which is fast approaching finished, by the way, but it can be a bit of a slog because it’s a big stockinette tube–but still wanted to eat up some yardage. Namely, the 3 bajillion balls of leftovers from all of my past projects. Those add up, kittens. I have a mini tote that houses my leftovers and it was to the point that I could no longer shut it without having to man handle those cute little cakes and squish them. So I decided most of them had to go and they became a blanket for my children. I’m pretty stoked that no yarn had to be purchased to finish this project.